Chris Zimmerman is a long time Weber County resident. Chris has served as the Executive Director for the Weber School District Foundation since 2007. Chris grew up in a military family, which gave him the opportunity to live in four countries, and six states before settling down in Roy, UT. Chris is a Roy High graduate. He is a Weber State Alumni where he received his Bachelor of Science degree in 1978 and a Master’s of Criminal Justice degree in 2009.
Chris brings to the foundation vast knowledge and years of experience. Previous to working for the foundation, he spent twenty-nine years in law enforcement. Spending five of those years as Roy City Chief of Police, and four years as Chief Deputy of the Weber County Sherriff’s office. Chris’s influence on the community is extensive. He has served in a variety of leadership and volunteer capacities throughout the county and state.
- Adjunct Criminal Justice Professor at WSU
- President and Vice President of the Utah Chief of Police Council
- Children’s Justice Center Statewide Advisory Board
- Utah Substance Abuse Anti-Violence sub-committee (Governor appointed)
- Legislative and Governor Advisory sub-committees
- Founder and past Chairperson for the Boys and Girls Club of Weber/Davis
- President, Vice President, and Treasurer for the Ogden Police Benefit Association
- Currently serves as a board member on the following boards:
- Boys and Girls Club of Weber/Davis
- Children’s Justice Center
- Prevent Child Abuse of Utah
- Snow Basin Adaptive Sports Education Foundation
- Wolf Creek Foundation
- Rotary Foundation
- Ogden Dinosaur Park
- Ogden Breakfast Exchange Club
Chris also has a strong commitment to family. He is married to the former Patti Carney from Bonneville High School and together they have three children and four beautiful grandchildren. His children have all attended and graduated from the Weber School District. Chris has the ability to reach out and influence people in the most caring compassionate way. He brings to the foundation valuable expertise in non-profit organizations and leadership skills. Somehow between all his duties, he finds time for his hobbies. He loves to travel, fly fish, ski, cook, boat, golf, golf and golf.